Saturday, June 26, 2010

Cub Scouts

Being a girl, I've never gone to scout camp. Obviously. However, Josh and I are now Webelos leaders; and as such, we got to go to scout camp this last Thursday. We took our three cub scouts up to Jeremiah Johnson where we had a lot of fun. I even got in on the action and got to shoot a bow and arrow for the first time in my life (personally, I am much better with a gun). Here is a glimpse of our day:

Our Itinerary

Josh went up the river to reminisce his cubby days, and decided to take a walk

Before long, our boys were following him down the path, wherever he went. I thought it was cute.

Making catapults.

Andrew and Joey

Andrew and Rylie at the archery range

Joey trying to figure it out

Watch out Robin Hood! Nicci's getting the hang of it!

I wish this was my target... but it was Joey's. The arrows were difficult to get to stick in the targets. But he managed it twice!

One of the scariest parts of the day: BB Guns

Andrew and Joey posing for me while they wait for the okay to shoot


What happens when you give a bunch of boys a BB gun, tell them there are limited bb's and to wait for permission to shoot each time? They choose when to shoot and go crazy, not listening to the boys in charge. We couldn't help but laugh and be glad we were behind them. One of the boys (not one of ours) even started to yell in a deep voice, "Ready. Aim. Fire!" pretending he was the leader. The funny part was, the boys listened to him.

All in all, it was a long, but fun experience. Now I know what I missed out back in the day. Good thing I got to go camping with the family, shooting real guns, and without having to wear a uniform :)

No comments: