Sunday, December 5, 2010

My Birthday! (aka Thanksgiving)

Yes, my birthday is November 25th, which means this year it was also Thanksgiving.  We went to my parents' house where we had a yummy turkey, and lots of other yummies I made from my Grandma Chris' recipes (like stuffing, for my first time ever!).  It all turned out very good.  We had a really nice time with my family.  Danny and Laurie each made me a birthday card, too.  They were very cute :)

Waiting for the turkey so we could dig in!

My daddy carving the turkey.  

 Danny is such a poser :)

 Brekke helping out with the yams.  I love them!  With marshmallows on top... mmm....

 Laurie

Two of the pies I made: Lemon Meringue and Cherry.  They were YUMMY :)

Then on Friday, Josh bought me a cake from Smith's so I could blow out candles.  Quinn thought it was pretty neat, too.

Then we set up the Christmas tree!  We decided it's a bit dinky...  But Quinn absolutely loves laying underneath it and looking at the lights.

"Ooo!  Wow!"  is what Quinn says.  :)

Then Saturday Josh took me out to dinner and a movie for my birthday.  One good thing about having my birthday on a holiday is that I can have it spread out over a few days :)  We ate at Olive Garden and then saw Harry Potter.  It was a great date with my sweetheart.  And a wonderful birthday.  Thank you everyone!

No comments: