Saturday, January 22, 2011

Stepping Up

Quinn is quite the little helper.  He literally ASKS us to do laundry or dishes so he can help us.  (I secretly hope he keeps this attitude for many more years to come).  Now that he has grown so much taller, he is realizing all the things he can reach and do.  For instance, he can now pull his door open when he feels it's time to get up (even if I don't agree).  Our favorite story is how I'll put him down for a nap, then a few minutes later I'll hear him opening his door "asking" if he can get up.  I'll tell him to go lay back down, to which he responds to by slamming the door and crying.  He makes me laugh :)

Quinn also loves to help with the dishes:


Note that he was putting them in the wrong drawer, but I didn't care.  It was so cute!

 And Quinn gets mad at me if he can't help me with dinner.  So the other day, I had him put the potatoes I was cutting into the pot for me.
  

 And here he is helping Jan do the laundry.  Quinn loves putting the clothes into the washer, and taking them out of the dryer for us.  He also is really good at pulling the clean clothes out of the basket and spreading them out on the floor for me :P

Another way us McNeff's are stepping up is by inches; about 20 inches.  To go along with our PS3 and blueray we got for Christmas, Josh just HAD to have a bigger TV.  I admit, it's pretty cool, and it's really nice to be able to actually see what's going on.  It was big enough we had to get a new TV stand, too.  Now our fish tank sits where the old TV used to.  Josh claims the old TV will be our new computer monitor... I haven't given him leeway for that yet.
Before:


After:

Quinn likes it a lot, too.
  

Here he is playing "his" ps game.  It's a downloaded demo of Hamster Ball.  He loves it and won't let anyone else try :P
 
 
Quinn has also become in love with our camera.  He and Daddy were playing with it the other day.  Quinn loves to ham it up :)


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aw, I love the helping pictures! Kaia (my 3 1/2 year old) has been into doing dishes lately too...it's too cute!

~Carla