Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Third Anniversary!

We have now been married for three years!  Crazy how time flies...!  We've been in serious need of some R&R lately.  So we decided to splurge money we don't have and go up to Logan for a few days - where the magic all began. We rented a cheap hotel room that had a pool and hot tub (GREATLY needed, and amazingly relaxing), and drove around town reminiscing the good ol' days.  

The beautiful Logan Temple we first attended as a couple, and got asked to do sealings on our first visit together.



The Bluebird, where we always wanted to eat, but thought we couldn't afford.  We ate dinner here, and it was so good!  I introduced Josh to Ironport - so yummy!

The A&W with the world's best rootbeer on tap!  While painting our first apartment, we'd go to Little Caesar's and get a $5 pizza, and a gallon of rootbeer from here, then ate it on the floor.  Great, cheap dates!
 

The Toaster, the church where we went to our single's ward while engaged.

Josh changing clothes for the first time in a car.  I had to snap a picture of this momentous occasion (we had already checked out of the hotel, and went to the temple, but had to change to finish our travels).
 

And Utah State University campus, where we met, had our first kiss, got engaged, went to school, and everything else happened.

We also went to Gossner's on our way home.  Josh had never been, so I had to introduce him to it.  Yummy squeaky cheese, really awesome cheese spread, and crazy-flavored milk :)  (We ran out of batteries in our camera, so I couldn't take anymore pictures.)

 


Unfortunately, it was raining most of the time, so we didn't make it to the Willow Park Zoo like we wanted.  But we spent some quality time in the hot tub and pool, just relaxing and talking and enjoying our time together.

I surprised Josh like none other, and I'm very proud of it.  I got him a new belt buckle to add to his new hickness.  However, the belt he wears his buckle on was permanently attached to his old one he always wears (a scorpion) in El Salvador.  So when he saw the gift, he was touched, but was thinking in his head, "I can't wear it with any belt that I own."  But then I told him to take his belt off and try anyway.  Much to his surprise, I had switched out the rivets that held his old buckle on with snaps sometime last week.  He had been running around for a week wearing this belt, not realizing what I had done!  Yeah, I'm amazing.  So now he can switch between the belt buckles, no problem!  I'm awesome...


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I was just thinking today how time has been flying in so many ways. It looks like you guys had a great time in Logan!

Carla