Monday, October 26, 2009

Danny's Birthday

Today is my baby brother, Dannys birthday. He is turning the ripe ol age of 8 years old! He is getting so big! We spent yesterday with my family to celebrate it with him. I made him a space cake (he wants to be an astronaut when he grows up), chocolate of course. I was rather proud of how good it looked and turned out (nice and moist). He got the first book of The Black Cauldron series, his own set of scriptures, and a kids version of the game Would You Rather. After I sat down with him and taught him a few things about his scriptures (like how to look up the books and how to mark them - NOT with crayon) we ate spaghetti and cake and then played his game. It was a lot of fun! Here are some pictures of the day:
We have a tradition in our family of hiding the presents and making the birthday person search for them before they can open them (helps it last longer). Laurie refused to sit still - she had to help Danny.



Me getting spit up on majorly. I had gone in for a kiss from my baby, and "Urp!" all over my face, down my shirt....

Quinn got really happy at one point and just kept laughing! It was apparently a first for Josh, though he's done this for me before too.



Eating a twinkie

Josh got to choose to have make-up put on him, or wear someone elses socks right off their feet. You can see which he chose (I sure hope our daughters are cuter!)

No comments: