Sunday, October 18, 2009

Fall Fun

This is a picture of how much Quinn LOVES his puppies (the mobile). My little puppy, enjoying his puppies... such a cutie!

I LOVE this time of year! It's my favorite. The leaves, the weather, the colors, the holidays... *sigh* I've been doing a lot, and we've been wanting to get out more as a family now that Quinn is getting older and it's not as hot anymore. So here are some pictures to give you an update on what we've been up to.


For those who didn't hear, we got a puppy, for a day. She was a black lab/ border collie mix - the perfect kind for me, and for Quinn to grow up with, etc. But after being alone with her for a night with just me and Quinn that first night made me realize I'm just not quite ready for two babies (and I used to think I wanted twins...). She liked my smell (the breastmilk) and bonded to me really fast, and I to her, but it just isn't time yet. So we gave her to a nice family in Ogden where she is loved already. I do miss her.

We had some spare time the other before playing stake volleyball, so we grabbed our leftover bread and went to feed the ducks. It was a lot of fun. Here are some pictures from that.






And yesterday we finally got to go up into the canyon and have a picnic (we've been planning it for weeks, but between family, and work, and rain, we hadn't gotten around to it). Man we miss camping!! We're SO going next year! We found the perfect little spot to pull over for our picnic up Hobble Creek Canyon here in Springville. Hardly any cars drove by, the scenery was beautiful, it was quiet, and it was just a really nice family outing. Quinn was a bit fussy for part of it because he didn't get a good nap yesterday, but we still had a blast!



Josh trying to build the fire to roast the hotdogs (I ended up having to help him). He had a blast burning things, such a boyscout!





2 comments:

The Shepherd family said...

I love the pic of the three of you!

The Mitchells said...

Wow...looks like you guys had a lot of fun! I love the way Quinns eyes are always so open. They are so big!