Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Man's Bike

 I just want everyone to know that there is no question, no dispute, nothing whatsoever over whether or not I'm an amazing wife!  Because I am, and Josh will be paying me back for a very long time.  Why?  Because I let him buy a motorcycle.  Yup.  What was I thinking?  I don't know.  I grew up around them, my dad had one, no biggie... until I see my inexperienced husband driving this one home along the back streets because he has yet to get his license to legally drive this thing.  But, before he can do that, he has to take classes (my stipulation in this deal.  That, and I own him).  

So, the story - because there's always a story, right?  Last week sometime, Josh brought up the idea of buying a motorcycle for his commute to Lowe's 5 times a week to save on gas (rumors are prices are going over $5 this summer).  I like saving money, so why not?  But, being the logical thinker I am, I pulled out Excel and created a spreadsheet showing the costs and gains of owning a bike.  I did some research on prices, got a quote on insurance, etc.  Turns out, it'll take him less than two summers to pay off everything we are spending on getting this bike, just by driving it instead of our car.  Fine... I'm sold.  IF he could find one for under $1000.

And... he did.  KSL works wonders.  We picked up his new baby for $500 today in Orem, got a newish helmet for $45, and will work on getting it registered and insured soon (and him enrolled in classes to get his license).  You won't see him strutting down the freeway on it for a little while.  But my man is stoked beyond belief.  He keeps just wanting to go outside in the rain to stare at it.  I guess his nerves of driving it home wore off rather quickly along the way...

 

Quinn got to try out Daddy's new "hat"

 He's stylin'




2 comments:

The Shepherd family said...

Good luck, I just hope you the idots in Spanish fork don't do ya in. Enjoy!

Aimee said...

You are a brave woman! I like using a "scooter" around town, but on the highway! Gutsy girl...