Sunday, August 10, 2008

Magnifying our Callings


Today was my first day as a Relief Society teacher. Because of being sick all weekend, I had a really rough time this morning and was nervous I wouldn't be able to teach well. But the dizziness subsided and I was able to make it to relief society and teach. It went really well! I taught about building up Zion from the Joseph Smith handbook. I had to cut it short and not let everyone comment because we were running out of time, which is always a good sign. I wasn't really nervous, since I've been a missionary and I've taught a lot before, but it has been a while. But I did promise everyone some rotten food for next time that they could throw at me if they didn't like it. They seemed to like that idea.

Then Josh went hometeaching for his first time today! He companion is... well... antisocial and and makes his Sundays his travel to see family days. So Josh had to get one of our amazing neighbors to go with him. He seemed to like it and do a good job. I gave him a small lecture before he left about being a good hometeacher, not staying too short or too long, really offer to help, notice and needs, and not just be a month to month teacher. But I knew I didn't really have to worry. He's an amazing man!

No comments: