Monday, September 7, 2009

Baby Blessing

Five Generation Picture!


Well, my little Quinn is blessed! Well, I'm sure he's always been blessed, and he's always been a blessing to us. But he was given a name and a blessing in church yesterday. Josh seemed to hardly think about it, until a few days ago, then he started asking questions to get it right, and actually got nervous Sunday morning. It was kinda cute. He did a really good job, it was a really neat experience to hear Quinn's first blessing.

But man, were we tested yesterday! I had set the alarm for a half hour earlier than on a normal Sunday, just to be safe. I figured with my mom coming early, she could help with Quinn, making us that much safer to being ready on time. However, Quinn woke up and decided to not go back to sleep, thus making it difficult for Josh and I to get ready at the same time. Then my grandma came and stole Josh just as I was trying to get into the shower, because they had locked themselves out of their house, so that set us back more. Then when Josh went to iron his pants, he realized they had somehow ripped in the crotch, and we don't know when or how that happened. And they are the only pants that fit him. So I had to sew that up by hand as fast as I could. Then my family was late getting here, so I had to get Quinn ready. And then we walked in as they were starting sacrament.... I remembered after it was all over that I had always told my investigators that when they were trying to go to church for the first time, or when they were getting baptized, or going through the temple, or anything like that, the Lord would test them, Satan would try and stop them, their days would be hectic, they would get into fights, etc. I forgot that could happen to me, too. It was worth it, though. We made it through, and it was a great day.




Also, here are some pictures of Quinn helping Josh get the yard ready.



No comments: