Monday, December 21, 2009

It's Almost Here!!!

First off, I want to give a very, very, very warm thank you to all of you who helped us out this year, especially this Christmas season! We feel spoiled, and are extremely grateful! If you don't understand just how much we appreciate you, I have almost come to tears a couple times today because of the kindness of neighbors and friends. Thank you!! From me, Josh, and Quinn!


Yeah, so I'm really excited for Christmas this year. I've been waiting for what seems FOR-EV-VER for it to come! I've been done with our shopping for a couple weeks now, and we've gone to a few parties, it has snowed (though it's melting now), and I'm ready for it to be here already!

Quinn is wanting to be a big boy so badly! He sees whatever Josh and I are doing, and wants to do it, too. At the table, he has to be on my lap and try to eat my food. He licks the gallon of milk to try and be like mommy (I have a bad habit of drinking straight from the jug). And when Daddy plays playstation, he wants to play, too. Josh tried to move the controller away, and Quinn just dove for it.


This is my mini nativity set my family sent me for Christmas on my mission. It was our only nativity set last year, and we were okay with that since we really didn't have anything to set anything larger on anyway. (Ruler added so you can see just how small it is)

But this year, we got a new one from Allen's (we shopped around a lot finding one we liked, and in our meager budget). Isn't it cute?
As I mentioned above, we've gone to a lot of parties lately - three nights in a row, actually. Thursday night we went to an Elder's Quorum party which was a lot of fun. Friday we went to the Latin Christmas party for the ward we've been helping out with (it's not even in our stake, but Josh worked with a couple of the guys, and they mentioned they didn't have a piano player for their ward choir, so we went every Wednesday night to play for them. It was a lot of fun. We really enjoyed them, especially Quinn - and they love Quinn, too). Here is his teddy bear at that party wearing Quinn's tie after he got tired of wearing it.

Then Saturday we drove down to Gunnison for my Granny's party. It was the first time Josh got to meet the extended family, so it was a lot of fun. This is a pic of my uncle Jody who lives with his family in Texas, and we haven't seen since before my mission. His daughter Hailey is the one hiding her face with the ribbons in her hair.
And this is Chy and her mom Karen (ha! Caught you!)

And this is a good idea of how Quinn felt each night, staying 3 hours up past his bedtime, just wanting to go home and to bed. Needless to say, we slept a lot on Sunday, recuperating.

1 comment:

Amanda Burnett said...

merry christmas, darling nicci and josh! give your baby kisses and snuggles from us! :) we miss you and want you to know we're wishing you the best that the new year has to offer. we must get together soon! love love, amanda and eric.