Saturday, April 24, 2010

VENT

I am going to stray a little bit from my usual, upbeat, Quinn-infested blog posts and vent a little frustration I am having in one of my classes...

In this class, we are focusing on Young Adult literature. My teacher had us all choose a YA book from each assigned genre, asking us to log it early in order to make sure no one stole our book, so they would all be different. I did so like the 1st week of class. A few weeks later, as I turn in one of my papers that I had spent a lot of time on, I find out someone did the same book as me! I go back to make sure it wasn't my fault, and she just did the wrong book, a different book that she had written down she was going to do. I was rather upset, because I had looked forward to that book, and had bought it, and spent a lot of time working on my paper for it. I discussed it with my teacher, and I was able to turn it in still, with no repercussions (though the girl did get scolded).

Then I've been working on my final project all week. I had logged the idea for this unit months ago, been thinking about it a lot as I read each book, etc. In this project, I basically have to create a reading schedule and lessons plans for teaching 3-4 books based on this one topic, just as if I were teaching them. That's a lot of work! I was so happy I got it done a couple days early, so I can work on other assignments now, and went to turn it in. Upon doing so, another girl had stolen my topic idea and just turned in his assignment. Same thing. Different books, etc. I am so frustrated! A good weekend gone bad... as if I'm not stressed out enough trying to finish everything up for this semester, making sure Josh is going to pass his classes, and getting ready for summer semester...!

But, on the upside, as I'm sure everyone already known from facebook, Josh has a job! Starts May 6th. Awesome pay, benefits, commission on top of the pay, bonuses, etc.... we're happy about that!

Stupid school....

No comments: