Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Life happens

So, it's been a while since I've written. I've had a few things to update about, like how I made homemade bread and can't cut it straight and cut it really thick, so Josh has to do that part for me, but it still tasted good! And how I've started decorating for the fall. I love this time of year! The leaves are so pretty! Josh is finally getting his new calling. They called him to be the new Elder's Quorum President. When the Stake President called us in for it, Josh just sat there staring at him, not really knowing what to say. I answered most of the Stake Pres' questions for him. To say the least, he's a bit overwhelmed, but will do a fantastic job! Then we thought we were pregnant, and waiting for a for sure positive result from the doctor to announce it. But then again, we wanted to wait until after Ammon and Nicole's wedding so that they could have the spotlight like they deserve it. But then I miscarried earlier this week. So no worries about spoiling anything. And then we got a call about a car accident I was in almost a year ago, that further stressed us out because they want us to pay for one of the cars, when we don't believe I was at fault (and we don't exactly have the $2100 they are asking for). So needless to say, we've been having a lot of fun, and have been spending a lot of time comforting each other lately. Honestly, I think the Lord is just making sure I understand the next lesson I have to teach the week after General Conference- Joseph Smith Teachings #19: Stand fast through the storms of life. Very funny, Heavenly Father, I think we get it. We're not going less-active anytime soon. And we're still saying our prayers and reading our scriptures and everything! But this way the Relief Society might finally get to see me cry as I teach a lesson (I never cry in front of people, I'm too proud or something silly like that). But we're starting to do better. Evelyn and Dan are coming upthis weekend to see BYU crush USU, and watch Conference with us. So it's going to be nice. And if you haven't yet, take a ride up the canyons! We need to do that, too. The colors are so pretty!!

2 comments:

The Mitchells said...

Geez! Life sounds a bit crazy.... I think that it's part of being newlyweds though. Don't know why, it just is. That sucks about the mis-carraige, I know how painful that is. And Josh.....my goodness! Good luck in your new calling. Seriously. *Pats you both on the back*

The Shepherd family said...

Ha, I know you thought you might have been pregnant. You two can't hide tings very well :o) Sorry on the miscarrige. Keep trying, I know how disappointing it can be. Good luck with everything else , I'm sure you will really appreciate what is said in conference this time.