Monday, October 27, 2008

MURDER

Mama Rosa and Father Alfredo at the Roni's New York City pasta parlor, La Sperenza, which means hope. Mama Rosa's husband, Pepi Roni was murdered a few nights ago. Father Alfredo came to give comfort to the family.

But one of these persons is not an innocent mourner, but a MURDERER! Is it Mama Rosa's son Marco, or Mama Rosa herself, or her brother-in-law Rocco or his young fiance, or Mama's daughter Angel, or her boyfriend Bo? DAH DAH DAH....!

Okay, as you may have imagined from my lovely subtitles, we were invited to join in a murder mystery last weekend. It was a blast! It was really fun to dig through our closets and find things to dress up in. And we got to eat Italian food, and "wine", and act our parts out as we tried to figure out who killed my husband. Before the night started, Josh and I had decided that it was me, Mama Rosa, and him, the priest, because we were having an affair and wanted the money to ourselves. We thought it was funny, even if it wasn't true.

Life, as you can probably tell from my previous entries, is not exactly easy right now. But we're somehow getting by. I got a new job working at Trade Secret, a hair salon, in the mall (I'm a Beauty Adviser) to help pay the bills. It kinda bites because it's retail, so I have to work a lot, including a sunday occassionally and Christmas Eve, etc. But whatever helps right now. I also got a new calling, so I'm not teaching anymore. I'm the 2nd Counselor in Young Womens. And it's a small YW, We have a total of three active girls, one of which is my Beehive. So it'll be a little (ah heck, who am I kidding? a lot) different than the YW I grew up in and am used to. But it should be a lot of fun. A lot of work, but fun. Josh still has not been sustained or set apart. The Stake Presidency is taking their sweet time on these names... hopefully this Sunday?

School is going alright... I think we'll both pass our classes. The weather is colder... but still not wintery yet (YAY). And.... that's basically it. We go to class, clean the house when we can, go to work, and crash every night. Then do our Sunday duties... that's life.

4 comments:

Gjanden Mitchell said...

That doesn't sound familiar at all! I know the feeling. I'm not sure what it will be like not to have every hour planned out in the day. I'll probably be really fidgety when I have time to do whatever.

Brittany is in YW too, it sounds like you have a similarly sized group.

The Shepherd family said...

That party sounds fun. It's been a while since I have done one of those :o)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, the party sounds like it was a lot of fun! Yay for Halloween. I'm glad to hear you are getting by. Keep in touch!

Jen

The Mitchells said...

Yeah, What Gjanden said. My young womens group is really similar. Although I think we have...12 active young women instead of 3, but is used to be like that.

Looks like the party was really fun. We really miss you guys.