Saturday, December 20, 2008

First Visit

So we finally made it to the doctors! I have to wait for Monday to call and finish Medicaid stuff so we have insurance, but we took my aunt's advice and went through Baby Your Baby first so that we're covered while waiting on Medicaid. That saved us $300 this Thursday when we went in for my first doctor appointment! I know, crazy prices. If we ever show up without proof of insurance, that's what they charge. But take a look at these pictures! This place is amazing! Stone flooring, beautiful large wooden doors, a waterfall feature as you walk in the door... Outside it looks like a lodge, or something, with incredible landscaping (and Josh's company did the Christmas lights, by the way). So we're going to be really well taken care of.


This visit was just a consultation with a nurse, but we go back January 6th to meet our doc and get an ultrasound (yay!). This Monday, I'll be 3 months along (that's one trimester over!). Still dealing with morning sickness all day every day, but I got a prescription for the nausea, and it seems to be helping a lot. Now if only I could stop having to work such long hours and so late... I hate retail during the holidays! I'm not fit enough to be doing that anymore... Oh, and funny story: They tried to take some blood to run some tests at the Dr office, but I had been sick that morning and unable to drink a lot, and my veins are ridiculous to begin with, so they poked me a tons of times and got a few drops out of me, but that's it. So they're going to have to try again next time I go in. My veins just don't want to give up any blood, let alone be found!

And I have a great video of Josh singing for the Relief Society on my phone, but I can't transfer it like I can pictures, so I couldn't put in on our blog :( He was so funny, though. They got "requested" to come and sing. His ego wasn't inflated at all... Especially after watching the video I took and saying over and over again, "I sound GOOD!"

2 comments:

Sarah said...

You will be well taken care of I love the CVWC they are amazing there. Dr. Blackett is the best too, she is so much fun to have in the delivery room, she is just a calming woman. I am glad you got to go in...sorry about the pokes. I am the exact opposite but when we get old yours won't be ugly and sticking out and mine will, yuck.

Shantel said...

They really do have a nice office, I really liked it there! Good luck with the end of holiday shopping at work, I must admit, I do not miss working retail much, especially at this time of year.