Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Birthday Bash

First off, I want to congratulate all you who remembered Josh's birthday this year! Even if someone had to remind you, it was a nice surprise for him to get calls and texts and such wishing him a happy birthday. I had kinda spread his birthday out all month because we didn't know when Quinn was going to come. So he got his presents over a few weeks. But he got a nice birthday dinner and homemade cake on his birthday. It was really tricky trying to make it with Quinn needing me so much... I got about half of it done by the time Josh got home. So I passed the baby off and finished. FYI, never mix frosting with pudding: it makes it way too runny. FYII, put it in the fridge if you do so that 1) it doesn't run all over, and 2) it doesn't mold within 2 days of summer heat. Quinn was able to give his daddy a present, too, since he came early enough. The card had his footprints on the front, and he gave his daddy a much-coveted computer game that mommy had refused to buy for him. Then this last weekend, we went up to my parent's house and had a really good steak dinner, and cake and icecream for Josh's, baby Quinn's (as Laurie told me), her 4th birthday. It was a lot of fun. My family has a tradition of hiding the presents around the living room, and making the birthday person find them to open them. They had one for Josh to find as well. It was pretty funny to watch him roam around, trying to see where they put it. And a plus side to this adventure, we got to take a couple steaks home :D Josh misses meat and being full :)

1 comment:

The Mitchells said...

That's so funny...the tradition of hiding the presents. Actually, that's not a bad idea. Glad he enjoyed himself! Gjanden said that he sent Josh a message saying happy birthday but I never got to because Gjanden had the phone, so I'll say it here. Happy Birthday Josh! Glad it was so fun.