Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Reminiscing...*sigh*

Upon taking college classes again after a year break, it's interesting the differences that marriage and a kid has brought upon me that I didn't really notice until now. For instance, I used to come home from classes and playing with people during the day, to a room all by myself. I'd sit at the computer, turn on my calming music (usually Enya or Lord of the Rings Soundtracks), grab a snack and bring it to my room, put up my feet, and either work on homework and play on the computer, or watch a movie on my computer. Oh, how I miss those relaxing days! Now, I try to do my homework at the computer, usually with a little squirmy boy sitting on my lap, trying to play with the keyboard as well. I have to stop often to feed or change him, clean spit-up, answer Josh's questions, make dinner for the family, maybe straighten up one of the rooms in the house a little, go back to trying to do homework, etc, etc. Today while Quinn was taking a nap, Josh was busy in the other room and doing the laundry, so I took the opportunity to sit on my bed with the laptop, got my ipod playing my calming music (which has grown to include Celtic Women, Norah Jones, and Michael Buble, as well as my old Enya and LOTR stuff), and did homework for an hour or so. It was awesome! I never realized how much I missed it! Don't get me wrong, I love my husband and baby boy to death, but I don't get much "me" time without worrying about something else, and it was a nice break.

No comments: